David Durham, Jr. wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 4:05 PM, Petar Marić <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I'm using the admin app for creating Questionnaires and I'd like to let users
>> edit questions and answers in the same form. AFAIK recursive inlines aren't
>> supported in Django (a hard problem by itself) so the only other way I could
>> think of is to inject a TextArea form field inside of the QuestionInline and
>> then do the processing of it manually. Answers would then be separated by
>> newlines and the positions would be determined by the order of lines in the
>> TextArea.
>>
>> The problem is I don't know how to inject the TextArea in the inline. I tried
>> many things from simple to complex - and the otherwise excellent
>> documentation
>> doesn't give much help.
>>

> Another approach is to go with some kind of wizard-like very simple
> workflow where you start off creating a questionaire, then you add
> questions and answers.  I have a working "session wizard"  that
> handles some of the boiler plate with this kind of thing.  It's not
> "done" yet, but it is working.  Here's a link to the django snippets
> entry:
>
>    http://www.djangosnippets.org/snippets/1078/
>
> I have code that dynamically manipulates the "form_list" associated
> with the wizard so that I can, for instance, display buttons like
> 'save and add question' and then add a question form to the list of
> forms.   I also display navigation links to each form or step in the
> wizard (which in your case would be a tree-like structure -- actually
> maybe wizard in the right word for this thing ...).  Let me know if
> this interests you at all, and I'd be glad to say more about it.

This all seems rather ambitious for the admin. Isn't it supposed to be a
simple application, and aren't those kind of functions supposed to be
implemented by other views? There's no point trying to make the admin
all things to all people - that would just complicate it so much as to
make it unusable by anyone other than a guru.

regards
 Steve