2008/9/22 Steve Holden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> This all seems rather ambitious for the admin. Isn't it supposed to be a
> simple application, and aren't those kind of functions supposed to be
> implemented by other views? There's no point trying to make the admin
> all things to all people - that would just complicate it so much as to
> make it unusable by anyone other than a guru.

I'm not writing this SessionWizard thing specifically for the admin,
though I wouldn't necessarily rule it out.  The point of it is to walk
ordinary, non-DB savvy, users through the creation of multiple
entities without these users having to know specifically the
relationships between entities (a programmer worries about that).  For
instance, creating a complete questionaire with the current admin
would involve, creating a questionaire, then creating questions and
answers and associating the questions with the questionaire and the
answers with the questions (basically select the same things
repeatedly from drop-downs).  This is resolved if you allow arbitrary
nesting of inlines and know how to map the relationships without the
user having to repeated select the same things from drop-downs, but it
could lead to one really long form.  Taking a multiple forms/requests
approach allows people to 1- pick up where they left off (say a
machine crashes or they just want save and pick up where they left off
and 2- quickly navigate to specific parts of the workflow in order to
add, change or remove or whatever.

I'm still a django newb, though, so please correct me if I stated
anything incorrectly.

Thanks,
Dave