From: KillaBee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 2008-09-19 04:34:48 GMT+08:00
To: Django users <django-users@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Two Django visions running at once.

For right now I don't care if the new version is running I just want
the old one installed.
I am running VMware on this laptop to test some things out, but
haven't been able to put it on Ubuntu.

On Sep 18, 3:14 pm, Faheem Mitha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 13:21:50 -0700 (PDT), KillaBee
>
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Is it possible to have two versions of django running at the same time
> > on an Ubuntu server(9.0 and 1.0)?
> > It is taking to long to recode, and until I do I wanted It up and
> > running with the old version.
> > I got the tar.gz from the web site, but do I have to get rid of the
> > new version?
>
> I'm doing something like this. I'd recommend using a virtual machine
> setup. Something like Linux vservers is not difficult to setup and
> I've found the developers in IRC very helpful.
>                                                               Faheem.

For right now I don't care if the new version is running I just want
the old one installed.
I am running VMware on this laptop to test some things out, but
haven't been able to put it on Ubuntu.

I am working with django .90, but I have a Mysql db in setting.py and
I am
trying to link Django with this DB. I run this command to do this.

export DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE=app.settings    No errors
then
django-admin.py init --settings=app.settings  I get this error.

EnvironmentError: Could not import DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE
'app.settings' (is it on sys.path?): No module named app.settings

I edited the httpd.conf and put this in:

<location "/">

    SetHandler python-program

    PythonHandler django.core.handlers.modpython

    SetEnv DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE app.settings

    PythonPath "['/home/bryant/Django-0.90/django.90_projects'] +
sys.path"

</location>

Do you thing I need to get rid of 1.0?