On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 3:21 PM, KillaBee
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is it possible to have two versions of django running at the same time
> on an Ubuntu server(9.0 and 1.0)?
> It is taking to long to recode, and until I do I wanted It up and
> running with the old version.
> I got the tar.gz from the web site, but do I have to get rid of the
> new version?

This is the kind of thing that 'virtualenv' deals with.  On ubuntu you
can set that up with:

$ sudo apt-get install python-setuptools
$ sudo easy_install virtualenv
$ virtualenv --no-site-packages /path/to/sandbox1
$ virtualenv --no-site-packages /path/to/sandbox2

then, checkout or download the different django version and place/link them in:

/path/to/sandbox1/lib/pythonX.X/site-packages/
/path/to/sandbox2/lib/pythonX.X/site-packages/

you can test with

/path/to/sandbox1/bin/python manage.py runserver
/path/to/sandbox2/bin/python manage.py runserver

As far as apache configuration goes, this kind of thing is pretty
easily configured with mod_wsgi.

-Dave