On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 4:39 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Russ,
>
> Well, as you can tell from my initial post, this was my initial
> concept. However, you seem to be proposing to launch nosetests from
> the 'manage.py test' execution rather than directly from the command
> line. Am I reading you right? Hadn't considered that option. Not sure
> how much effort it would be so will have to dig into nosetests source
> to determine. Seems a bit complex at first glance, however.

Caveat: I am in no way an expert on nosetests, so I can't say for sure
that this is possible.

However, at the base level, the Django test runner (./manage.py test)
is just a way of calling a generic python function with an argument
specifying the test conditions (test names, verbosity etc). By
default, the test runner executes the default Python test framework,
but it should be possible to integrate any other test runner or
framework - as long as they expose some sort of 'run these tests'
function. It's just a matter of writing a test runner that can invoke
that function.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)