I am currently debating between using Django or Ruby on Rails for a
new SaaS web app I'm thinking of making.  I've not done a subscription-
based site before, so I'm looking for something that provides the
basic functionality since I would probably not be able to write my own
without it taking a long time.

I like the look and feel of Django a little better than Rails (some
minor beefs like how you have to add customization to get the
development server to display images and stylesheets, when Rails'
"WEBRick" server does so out of the box), as well as the fact Django
is more customizable, but so far the biggest detriment I have found is
that the Rails community seems much larger, with many common things
already built by the community so you just have to install a plugin or
a gem, and you get exactly what you need.

In this specific case, there is the SaaS RailsKit (http://
based site out of the box, with account management, having account
subdomains (e.g. customer1.mydomain.com, customer2.mydomain.com),
different plans, recurring billing, and the like.  It's a bit pricey,
but as I said I would probably be unable to write my own for all of
this as I would also need to learn Ruby and Rails/Python and Django in
order to be able to develop my app in the first place.  I've done some
basic tutorials in both, but I want to choose one and stick with it.

Is there anything similar to this for Django?  I would rather not
switch between the two as the languages are similar and I would
probably get confused at some point.  I did find a "django-accounts"
module (I don't know what plugins are called in Django parlance,
sorry) at Google Code, but it doesn't seem to have been updated since
2007 and there are no instructions at all on how to actually integrate
it into an existing application.

I apologize if these questions are a little noobish in nature; I'm
trying to choose a development language and framework so I can start
working on this application, and Rails/Django are my two major choices
- I like the feel of both but as I said above, Django seems less "Do
it this way and only this way" and more customizable than Rails, so
I'm leaning towards Django... it's just that there doesn't seem to be
as many resources out there.

Can anyone provide assistance?

Thanks,

Wayne