I'm trying to get django.contrib.auth.ldapauth.LDAPBackend - from:

<http://code.djangoproject.com/attachment/ticket/2507/ldapauth.py>

working with our LDAP server.

IWe need TLS before the server will permit us to exchange a password with it.

According to the documentation, we should be able to set LDAP_OPTIONS
along with the other settings:

    ``LDAP_OPTIONS`` -- hash, python-ldap global options and their values
                    {ldap.OPT_X_TLS_CACERTDIR: '/etc/ldap/ca/'}

However, if we set any value in LDAP_OPTIONS (other than 'None' - and
even the one in the example above) we get an error:

Exception Value:
    'dict' object has no attribute 'LDAP_OPTIONS'
Exception Location:
    /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/ldapauth.py in
authenticate, line 113

The full error is at: <http://dpaste.com/84838/>

How can we set LDAP_OPTIONS to turn on TLS?

Many thanks,

Daniele