thanks for all the suggestions...

I've managed to to kinda get it working with flup and fcgi although
i'm not quite there yet.

Here is my file structure and my fcgi file.

public file path = /home/xxx/www/projectblah/
application file path = /home/xxx/django_projects/projectblah_files/

mysite.fcgi

#!/usr/bin/python
import sys, os

# Add a custom Python path.
sys.path.insert(0, "/home/xxx/django_projects/projectblah_files/")

# Switch to the directory of your project. (Optional.)
# os.chdir("/home/xxx/www/projectblah/")

# Set the DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE environment variable.
os.environ['DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE'] = "projectblah.settings"

from django.core.servers.fastcgi import runfastcgi
runfastcgi(method="threaded", daemonize="false")

although i keep getting this nasty error in SSH and the fastcgi file
just outputs as text when you go to the home/xxx/www/projectblah/ in
the browser.

link to traceback : http://dpaste.com/86437/

Thanks