I had similar issues with my project. I am doing an online auction
website which allows user to bid for products and so forth. One of the
function is to send email to the highest bidder when the product has
met its deadlines. Right now I am using "if statement" in views.py to
compare end time with time now before loading the product page, and
what happen is, an email is sent each time while doing this. I went to
the django website, and can't find the solutions. It's not just about
sending emails. Please, anyone could help?