> I had similar issues with my project. I am doing an online auction
> website which allows user to bid for products and so forth. One of the
> function is to send email to the highest bidder when the product has
> met its deadlines. Right now I am using "if statement" in views.py to
> compare end time with time now before loading the product page, and
> what happen is, an email is sent each time while doing this. I went to
> the django website, and can't find the solutions. It's not just about
> sending emails. Please, anyone could help?

 This is not something that should happen when a page is viewed, it is
someting that should happen at a certain point in time. So it looks like a
cronjob should do the trick.

Create a script that sents emails for all expired products, and create a
cron-job that runs this script daily (or more often if you wish)

TiNo