I'm a little confused as to the purpose behind the question, it feels
pretty general, so I have a few questions.

1. When you say application are you talking about django apps generated via
the "manage.py startapp" command?

2. LazySettings allows for a "proxying" of the Global settings in your
projectsname.settings.  So I'm wondering if you're talking about in each
"application" from (1.), that you'd have a "local" settings?

3. Refactoring for portability? as per my understanding "refactoring"
means to rewrite better or to improve upon a code block/segment/file
whatever, are you talking about the ability to copy paste an "app"(1.)
into another django project created via django-admin.py so that it
maintains it's own ability to have a local configuration that is
universal regardless of what django project it sits in?