Hi Karen,

> Are you running an SVN checkout and did you update it from something prior
> to r9369/r9370 to something after that level right before this started
> happening?

Yes, it may well be. Is there a place in TortoiseCVS where I can see a
history of my updates? Looking at the log just shows the dates of the
various versions.

I tried to revert to v9369, but that didn't help. But reverting to
v9360 (just arbitrarily) did help!

> That change introduced the "exp = Decimal..." line of code that
> is in your traceback.  I don't have time to look at this right now but given
> the traceback I'm suspicious of that change....does "Decimal('1.0')" on this
> machine raise that exception?

Yes, you are truly on to something there. Please look at my somewhat
confused report below. It seems as my pymssql call returning a longint
as a Decimal() triggers the problem:

[(Decimal("27164771"), 27, 16, 7.77128, 9.2557200000000002, 2006,
'Quantum dynamics of a d-wave Josephson junction', 3, 30.0,
'000234546300030', 17.601243339253998, '@', 7)]

Looking in the CVS log it looks as if v9369 actually introduced my
problem:

Fixed #5748 -- Made floatformat filter round properly on all platforms
and handle NaN input correctly on Windows.  Also added tests for these
cases.  Thanks for the report and initial patch to SmileyChris and
PJCrosier.

I'm now running on v9367 without any problem.

I'm not sure that I understand properly what's happening here, but it
seems as if this change not is compatible with my call to pymssql.

Is it possible to fix?

Regards,
Ulf