On Sun, 2008-11-30 at 21:04 -0800, djan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm following along with djangobook.com, and I have a problem in
> chapter 5 that I cannot resolve. I am using OpenSuSE-11.0, Python
> 2.5.2, sqlite3-3.5.7-17.1 (and incidentally, this same error occurs
> with MySQL).

The Django book was writting for Django 0.96. There have been a number
of backwards-incompatible changed in the period between that and Django
1.0 (which is why we held off calling earlier versions 1.0: 1.0 provides
quite good backwards compatibility assurances).

You'll need to read the book in conjunction with this document:
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/releases/1.0-porting-guide/ (and
the pages it links to).

Regards,
Malcolm