Hello,

I have a site that we plan to localize for different countries (all
English speaking at this point.)  Most of the templates in the site
will localize fine as they are, but a few will need to be changed.  I
would like to have one set of templates that is the international
(default) set, and then only create country specific templates when
necessary.

Django template inheritance is excellent, and where I hope to find a
solution.  What I need is a way for my view methods to forward to
generic template names, like 'home.html', 'info.html', etc, which
correspond to the default set of templates, but if any of those
templates have been overridden with a country specific template, (and
the user is using the site from that locale,) that country specific
one, for example 'home_au.html', should be used.

I'm guessing I need to build a simple factory, and have all my views
call it, and then rest the whole design on good file naming
patterns.

Any thoughts?  Thanks!