Thanks Malcolm,

Just figured out the values transformation on querysets myself.
Nevertheless, in my experience there seems to be an issue with
foreignkeys when using queryset values in combination with formsets.
Values returns keys like 'parent_id', however formsets expect the
fieldname as 'parent'.
(I am using Django 1.0.2)

Now I can pass the fieldnames as values('parent') for now, It would be
easier if initial did not care if the _id is provided or not.
Or am I missing something else?

Maeck