creecode:

we cross posted yesterday. i tried your suggestion about using signal
but
could not get it to add records to the designated user profile.

for now i've reinstalled registration upgrading to .06 as well as the
matching
userprofile profiles .06

Still am encountering hours of problems getting it to work but will
post
those issues in another topic, for now. I 'm hoping by standardizing
on django-registration and django-profiles can perhaps get this to
work.