On Fri, 2009-01-23 at 14:39 -0800, Nathaniel Whiteinge wrote:
> Requesting a sanity check before I file a ticket.
>
> The API for directly accessing a database cursor() changes depending
> on if DEBUG is True or False. (Excepting execute() and executemany().)
>
> This shell session spells it out more clearly:
> http://dpaste.com/hold/112331/
>
> Is this intentional?

*shrug* Probably that way in the interests of pragmatism. It's tricky to
avoid without going through great contortions, in which case code
cleanliness will trump the extreme edge-case of needing to access the
very, very lowest layer cursor when we already provide
connection.cursor() for that purpose and it suffices for the bulk of the
cases. The DebugCursorWrapper has to wrap something at a slightly higher
layer.

If you can come up with a nice way to move it up the same level, a patch
would be considered. This is "scratch your own itch country", though,
since it's a three line utility function if you wanted to write a way to
retrieve the raw low-level cursor given a connection.cursor() for the
odd times you need access to that.

Regards,
Malcolm