On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 19:27 -0800, DrKayBee wrote:
> Hi,
> I am creating a small website, where I would like to provide users
> with a database field (through admin) where they can enter a link to
> their public google calendar (This is an <iframe> tag).
>
> Obviously, if I just write it to a django template like so:
> {{ user.CalendarLink }} - it just puts the verbatim text - i.e. not
> the markup language. Is there a way to inject raw html into a django
> template? I realize it is a bit unsafe - but this is not going to be a
> public website.

Templates render whatever you pass to them. Read up on autoescaping
first, though, which might be what you're talking about if you think
this is, in some way, not possible. Unless you tell the template that
the variable it's rendering is "safe" for direct rendering, it will
apply autoescaping.

Read about the "autoescape" template tag and, more importantly, the
"safe" filter in the Django template documentation.

Regards,
Malcolm