On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 12:44 AM, omat <o...@gezgin.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I obtain a list of tag ids by:
> tag_ids = TaggedItem.objects.all().order_by('-added__max').annotate(Max
> ('added'))[:10]
>
> and try to use it in the following query to obtain tag objects:
> Tag.objects.filter(id__in=tag_ids)
>
> But i get "invalid reference to FROM-clause" error:
>
> Caught an exception while rendering: invalid reference to FROM-clause
> entry for table "tagging_taggeditem"
> LINE 1: ...RE "tagging_tag"."id" IN (SELECT U0."tag_id", MAX
> ("tagging_t...
>                                                             ^
> HINT:  Perhaps you meant to reference the table alias "u0".
>

> If I force the first query to be evaluated, using the step syntax (ie
> [:10:1] instead of [:10]), then everthing works fine.
>
> Seems like a bug?

I'm not seeing this failure on SQLite, Postgres or MySQL. However, I
was testing using my own test models, not your models - it's possible
that the problem could be caused by the interaction of some other
property of your model on the aggregate query.

Can you provide the full definition of the TaggedItem model you are
using? It would also be helpful to know the database version and
operating system you are using.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)