It seems like a problem with the cases of created aliases: 'u0' was
expected but 'U0' is used as the table alias.

But I couldn't find any reference to u0 or U0 when debugging. In the
query object, the table name "tagging_taggeditem" is used in the
query.

For the sake of completeness, the referenced Tag model is as follows:

class Tag(models.Model):
    name = models.CharField(_('name'), max_length=50, unique=True,
db_index=True)
    slug = models.SlugField(unique=True)
    forward = models.ForeignKey('self', blank=True, null=True)
    rank = models.IntegerField(default=0)
    relevance = models.IntegerField(default=0)
    added = models.DateTimeField(auto_now_add=True)

Thanks...