I am making an api. Part of the api involved serializing data which
will then be deserialized on another machine. Since I am using the dev
server, I wrote a view that referenced the api, ie:

def someview(request):
     data = urllib2.urlopen("http://localhost:8080/some_method/?
param=foo")
     output = []
     for obj in serializers.deserialize("xml", response):
          output.append(obj)
     return HttpResponse("%s" % output[0].some_model_attr)

When I go to localhost:8080/someview, the page loads indefinitely with
no data brought to the screen. (and my urlconf is correct ;) )