On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 6:54 PM, Vincent <langenschei...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'd like to write a Web 2.0-type web application. I find Python a lot
> more pleasurable than PHP.
>
> I'd like to have information about the pro's and con's of using
> Apache's mod_python vs. an application server like Django, Turbogears,
> etc.

You appear to be a little bit confused with either your terminology or
your expectations.

Django isn't an application server - it's a set of libraries that lets
you write web applications. Those applications are then served using a
mod_python interface (as well as mod_wsgi interfaces). I can't speak
with absolute authority on Turbogears, but I'm fairly certain the same
is true there.

In order to deploy a Django application, you're still going to use
mod_python (or mod_wsgi).

You obviously have some concerns about Django compared to something
else you are familiar with (PHP?). Perhaps if you explain your
specific concerns, we may be able to address them.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)