On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 1:59 AM, Devel63 <danstic...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll see if I can extract some small subset and post the details.
>
> In the meantime, more info: the problem only occurs when an error is
> encountered during a call in which the server will return a
> HttpResponse('', mimetype='text/xml; charset=utf-8') object in
> response to some AJAX request; things apparently work when the server
> will return a render_to_response, which shows a page in the browser.
>
> Before I switched to Django, and just used webapp (a simplified
> version of Django in Google App Engine), the first type of problem
> would dump the stack trace to the console.  Now, the trace does not go
> to the console, and it is here that the exception within the exception
> is thrown.
>
> Could this be a setting or path issue?

It _could_ be many things. However, unless you give us details, we
can't give you details. So far, you haven't even told us the
exceptions you are seeing. In the absence of details, we would only be
guessing, and given that none of us have seen this problem before, it
wouldn't be a particularly educated guess.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)