Hello:

I'm hoping someone in the group can help identify a senior level
manager who is familiar with a CMS called Ellington and knows Django
inside and out.

Here's a more detailed description:

We're a startup offering a fun, dynamic and challenging experience
within an entrepreneurial work environment. This is an opportunity to
join the founding development team and have a key role in creating
large scale media web sites.

We're looking for a highly motivated developer who is exceptionally
bright and has experience building web applications. You love what you
do. You love to learn, to teach, and to collaborate with an agile team
in producing elegant back end and front end solutions.

We develop primarily in Python and the Django web framework on the
server side, and implement jQuery on the client side.  On the database
side we employ PostgreSQL.

For right now, the position offers equity in the company and the right
candidate will become the CTO, post funding.. We are located in New
York City.

Responsibilities
--------------------------
* Lead a team of developers in developing and maintaining our systems.
* Full life cycle development, with a focus on architecting and
developing solutions
* Work collaboratively with content producers, designers, developers,
and clients to assess business requirements and deliver the best
technology solutions.
* Monitor system stability and performance.
* Timely completion of projects.
* Produce results independently, as well as collaboratively in a team
environment.
* Write comprehensive documentation.

Skills/Qualifications
---------------------------
• Good design sense and passion for your work
* Strong Object-oriented programming knowledge
* Strong server-side web development experience using Python or Ruby
on Rails, PHP, C#, Java
• Expertise with relational database design
• Expertise with OOP javascript and javascript frameworks, especially
JQuery.
• Expertise hand-coding XHTML and CSS cross-browser
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, good judgment, exceptional eye for
detail, and a positive attitude

The best candidates will have:
• Hands on experience with high volume, high availability web sites.
•Working knowledge of architectural issues that affect performance and
scalability of web sites - caching with memcache, HTTP server
experience with Apache, etc.
• Managing a team of developers, information architects, etc.
•Have prior career accomplishments with a "brand name" organization.
Media organization preferred.

Please send a cover letter and resume, highlighting your most recent
accomplishments to
cto.star...@gmail.com