I'm struggling with how to design something, and I'm pretty sure
somebody has an easy solution.

I need to store different information about different classes of
users.  I want to attach those classes as the user profile to my
django.contrib.auth.User object, so I can always cross-walk from the
User object to my profile object, and vice versa.  The trouble is that
I have more than 1 profile object.

My multiple profile objects share a common superclass:

class MyPerson(models.Model):
    user = models.ForeignKey(User, unique=True)
    (...handful of other things...)

(In settings, I specify AUTH_PROFILE_MODULE="myapp.myperson")

I then have 4-5 objects that extend MyPerson and tack on all the stuff
specific to that object.

When I create users and associate profiles, that works great.  When I
'restore' a user from the database and ask for the profile, I get a
MyPerson object, and I've lost the linkage to my subclass...and I'm up
a river.  Particularly since I need some of the subclass information
and methods in order to make access decisions for the User.

Suggestions?  Any pointers would be very helpful.
Thanks