On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 15:02, Kenneth Gonsalves <law...@thenilgiris.com>wrote:

> hi,
>
> I have a django site which has been working well, with an app name 'web' -
> recently I some changes in the database and now find that all users
> (including
> superusers) are blocked from viewing web in the main admin page. They can
> view
> and edit other pages under 'web' by typing in the url. Where do I go to
> reset
> the permission for 'web' in the db?
> --
> regards
> kg
> http://lawgon.livejournal.com

Following maybe useful.
Source: http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/auth/?from=olddocs

===
Creating
superusers¶<http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/auth/?from=olddocs#creating-superusers>
New
in Django 1.0: The manage.py createsuperuser command is new.

manage.py syncdb prompts you to create a superuser the first time you run it
after adding 'django.contrib.auth' to your
INSTALLED_APPS<http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/settings/#setting-INSTALLED_APPS>.
If you need to create a superuser at a later date, you can use a command
line utility:

manage.py createsuperuser --username=joe --email=...@example.com

You will be prompted for a password. After you enter one, the user will be
created immediately. If you leave off the --username or the --email options,
it will prompt you for those values.

If you're using an older release of Django, the old way of creating a
superuser on the command line still works:

python /path/to/django/contrib/auth/create_superuser.py

...where /path/to is the path to the Django codebase on your filesystem. The
manage.py command is preferred because it figures out the correct path and
environment for you.

===

--

Fran Lebowitz  - "You're only has good as your last haircut."