Hey Guys:

Wondering if I can get some advice/help.

I'm trying to alter the admin in a simple way so that instead of the
first column (by default) be linked to the change screen I want to
create a callable property and use that as the change screen link.

Here is my code:

class SubmissionAdmin(admin.ModelAdmin):
        list_display = ('full_name', 'message', 'submit_ip', 'edit')
        list_display_links = ('edit',)

        def full_name(self, obj):
            return ('%s %s' % (obj.first_name, obj.last_name))
        full_name.short_description = 'Name'

        def edit(self, obj):
                return('Edit')
        edit.short_description = 'Edit'

        def save_model(self, request, obj, form, change):
                obj.submit_ip = request.META['REMOTE_ADDR']
                obj.save()

I have a callable that just returns a string 'Edit' that I want to use
as the link in the admin.  But django apparently wont let me do this
with 'list_display_links' even though it does let you do it with
'list_display'

I know I could probably create this in the model itself, but that
seems unintuitive to me since all I'm trying to do is alter the admin
display.

Thoughts?