I'm creating an app similar to the flatpages contribution that will
store the simple content for a page. When I save the data, I'd like to
automatically create a previous revision so it can be reverted back if
necessary. (multiple admins will be editing content) Does anyone have
a strategy they like for pulling this off? The customer requested this
feature in response to the way Mediawiki can save previous versions of
content.

I was thinking of using some kind of hook to intercept the save and
create a new object with a unique timestamp or possibly flag it as
"latest". I'm probably going to have to create a custom admin page to
keep the previous revisions hidden from the change list and also offer
a way to revert to previous versions from within the admin page.

If anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!

-- Scott