On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 08:34 -0800, Dids wrote:
> I tried that, thanks for the input (it helped moving forward, see
> below).
> I've also changed the privacy settings in IE so I get prompted when
> cookies arrived.
>
> What I found is that on site1 (the working one), I get prompted for a
> cookie as soon as I request the Admin page.
>
> On site2, on the other hand, I'm not getting prompted for any cookie
> when requesting the Admin page.

That's odd. Django will *always* send a cookie when you request a page
(unless you already have one from that site and it's value wouldn't have
changed -- but expiry time is always updated, so that won't usually
apply).

Even non-logged in users have a session associated with them, which
Django uses a cookie to track.

So you probably want to investigate this second situation more closely.
It sounds like the problem case to me.

Regards,
Malcolm