Hi!

Being new to Django and web development in general I'm curious to learn
about some of its 'best practices'.

When working on the code for e.g. desktop application, I'd put stuff in
e.g.

$HOME/projects/project_1 directory under DVCS and regularly push to some
'centralized' server, provide tarballs for releases etc...

Now, I wonder what to in case of web development with Django...

Let's assume that I work on two sites: www.site1.com and
www.site2.com and I try to develop new features for them and test them
on my 'localhost' first before pushing changes to the production server.

The question is how to mimic everything on localhost (how to organize
code in projects) so that after enough testing one can just push changes
to the production servers and update both sites without the need to
change anything in django's settings?

Another issue: what is the recommended way of keeping production &
development databases (Sqlite3/Postgres) 'in sync' if one wants to add
some content while doing localhost-development?

Any URL where one can look or learn from?

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Zagreb, Croatia  | GPG key: C6E7162D