Hello all-

I'm working of a site that will store various business listings
(restaurants, bars, clubs etc) and then I'd like to also track the
hours each business is open... The ultimate goal being something like
lawrence.com's "open now" feature and other time-related queries of
that type. I'm trying to figure out the best way to store the hours
data and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions...

Because the open and close times vary by day of the week, storing them
directly in the business model (or the models inheriting from it in
this case) isn't possible.

My instinct is to use a separate model for the hours and then tie it
to the business model using generic relations to span various models.
I know that would work, but I can't shake the feeling that there's a
better way and I'm just not seeing it, so I thought I'd throw it out
there and see what others think.

I also should note that I'm not terribly concerned with the admin
interface aspect (I don't plan to enter most of this data through the
admin, it's already in a spreadsheet so I'll likely just load it all
at once using a script and make the occasional update via the admin).
My primary concern is optimizing for speed, i.e. the less joins, multi-
table and other expensive database queries the better.

If anyone has any suggestions or tips I'd love to hear them.

cheers
Scott Gilbertson
luxag...@gmail