Hi Everyone, I'm helping a good friend of mine find someone with
Django/Web skills for a new startup - the opening will be posted on
djangogigs soon, but I also wanted to share it with you.

Feel free to contact me (jnoller at gmail dot com) or jobs at nasuni
dot com about this position. I've also posted it here:

http://jessenoller.com/2009/03/17/job-opening-senior-web-engineer-django-javascript/

So feel free to share it.

CONSULTING SOFTWARE ENGINEER

Nasuni is turning storage as service into a real product businesses
can use. We will deliver unlimited protected storage at an exceptional
value to our customers. We are bringing together a stellar engineering
team to tackle the challenge. We value talent, intelligence and the
desire to work hard as part of a team of A-players to create something
new. Founded by storage veterans, Nasuni is backed by leading Boston
venture capital firms North Bridge and Sigma Partners. Our
headquarters are in Natick, MA.

Responsibilities

Nasuni is looking for a Javascript developer and leader with 5+ years
of building DHTML- based interfaces for rich Internet applications.
The role is for an engineer (as opposed to a designer) who is fluent
in web development, expert in Javascript/DOM manipulation, and capable
of working with a fast-moving and dynamic team across a whole series
of disciplines to distill lots of functionality into something simple
and beautiful.

Experience and Education

- Expertise in HTML, CSS, DOM, and Javascript: these are highly
dynamic sites with a lot of interactive pieces. Candidate must be able
to look at a comp and quickly implement it in HTML+CSS and have good
knowledge of how to hook into Javascript.
- Attention to detail is a must: we’ll have high traffic Internet site
with lots of traffic and award-winning design. Careful
coordination/work with designers, and understanding about meeting
design requirements is a necessary
- Strong experience with Django (or a good argument for an alternative platform)
- Test-driven development experience necessary. Developer is
responsible for his own unit tests (JSUnit), as well as for designing
functional test plans for QA
- Successful track record of leading agile web development teams

Strongly Desired

- Knowledge of one of the following open source Javascript libraries
is a big plus: jQuery, Prototype, Yahoo UI Library.
- Experience with any internal or external cloud (i.e. Amazon S3/EC2)
services and APIs
- eCommerce knowledge
- Experience with relational databases (Postgresql, MySQL, Oracle,
SQLServer, etc)
- Understanding of I18N and L10N issues in globally targeted websites,
particularly for multibyte languages
- Open source philosophy

Additional information
- You should be able to point to a couple AJAX-based web apps that
you’ve built and be able to discuss them. Demonstration of previous
work is required.

Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
for any employer.