On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 2:17 AM, Torsten Bronger
<bron...@physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
> I've always wondered why anybody uses something non-Java for Web
> applications.  Given that Java is faster than PHP, Python etc., this
> also means that you need less computing power in your server farm.
> On the long run, this should *always* be worth it financially,
> unless Java is a nightmare to maintain, which I don't assume.

I've always wondered why anybody uses something other than assembly
for Web applications. Given that assembly is faster than Java, .NET,
C, etc., this also means that you need less computing power in your
server farm. On the long run, this should *always* be worth it
financially, unless assembly is a nightmare to maintain, which I don't
assume.

(reflect on why you said "Java" instead of "assembly", and perhaps you
will be enlightened)