Hi Karen,
              I am sorry if my messages seem confusing to you , it is
to me too...
I changes Django to 1.0 and i get the following errors related to core
like you said should not happen

r...@portable:/usr/local/rapidsmsdev/rapidsms/rapidsms# python
manage.py runserver 127.0.0.1:8000
Validating models...
Unhandled exception in thread started by <function inner_run at
0x8480534>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django/core/management/
commands/runserver.py", line 48, in inner_run
    self.validate(display_num_errors=True)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django/core/management/
base.py", line 122, in validate
    num_errors = get_validation_errors(s, app)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django/core/management/
validation.py", line 28, in get_validation_errors
    for (app_name, error) in get_app_errors().items():
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django/db/models/loading.py",
line 128, in get_app_errors
    self._populate()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django/db/models/loading.py",
line 57, in _populate
    self.load_app(app_name, True)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django/db/models/loading.py",
line 72, in load_app
    mod = __import__(app_name, {}, {}, ['models'])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/rapidsms/balert/models.py",
line 9, in <module>
    class Recipient(models.Model):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/rapidsms/balert/models.py",
line 11, in Recipient
    phone_number = models.CharField('phone number', maxlength=15,
core=True)
TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'core'

Does this mean that the svn version of the app is not compatible with
Django-1.0 ....? and maybe i should try older versions of the app....?

Regards
Deepak