On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 2:53 PM, dbbarua <dbba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Karen,
>              I am sorry if my messages seem confusing to you , it is
> to me too...
> I changes Django to 1.0 and i get the following errors related to core
> like you said should not happen
>
> r...@portable:/usr/local/rapidsmsdev/rapidsms/rapidsms# python
> manage.py runserver 127.0.0.1:8000
> Validating models...
> [snip]

File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/rapidsms/balert/models.py",
> line 9, in <module>
>    class Recipient(models.Model):
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/rapidsms/balert/models.py",
> line 11, in Recipient
>    phone_number = models.CharField('phone number', maxlength=15,
> core=True)
> TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'core'
>

> Does this mean that the svn version of the app is not compatible with
> Django-1.0 ....? and maybe i should try older versions of the app....?

It means you are not running the svn version of rapidsms, at least, not the
one I found online at sourceforge.  You can see that models.py here:

http://svn.mepemepe.com/rapidsms/trunk/balert/models.py

and the phone_number field in the Recipient model does not have core=True
specified.  Further, the one I'm pointing to uses max_length (compatible
with Django 1.0) while the version you are running uses maxlength
(compatible with an older Django).

You need to update your rapidsms code, I believe.

Karen