Hello Django Users,

I'm trying to learn Django as best as i can, however i've come to
problem which i hope someone can help me with.

I have two models, Release and OTAP.

A Release is a reference to a file and linked to an OTAP. An OTAP can
have a Release for each of the 4 environments. I've modeled this as
below:

class Release(models.Model):

        name = models.CharField(max_length=128, unique=True, )
        path = models.CharField(max_length=512, )

        otap = models.ForeignKey('OTAP')

class OTAP(models.Model):

        name = models.CharField(max_length=128, unique=True, )

        o_release = models.ForeignKey(Release, verbose_name="O-Environment",
related_name='o_release', null=True, blank=True)
        t_release = models.ForeignKey(Release, verbose_name="T-Environment",
related_name='t_release', null=True, blank=True)
        a_release = models.ForeignKey(Release, verbose_name="A-Environment",
related_name='a_release', null=True, blank=True)
        p_release = models.ForeignKey(Release, verbose_name="P-Environment",
related_name='p_release', null=True, blank=True)

This all works in the admin interface, i can select Releases for each
OTAP i have for each of the 4 environments. However i would like to
limit the choices of the environments to just those releases that
belong to that OTAP. I've tried to work with the 'limit_choices_to'
from the ForeignKey, but i've had no luck so far. I've tried to limit
the Release to the otap field but i can't seem to figured out how to
select the 'self' of OTAP.

So my question is: how do i limit the choices for each environment to
just those release belonging to the OTAP?

I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Regards,
Nick