I have the same problem and am hoping that a solution to one will work
for both of us. In my case, I am working on an online newspaper site.
My models for this particular app are Issue and Article. Articles are
assigned to Issues so that they can all be published when the issue is
published. That works fine. Each Issue needs to have a Lead Article
and I'd like to use limit_choices_to in the Issue model to show only
those Articles that have been assigned to that specific Issue.

Is this possible?