On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 5:32 AM, Alex Gaynor <alex.gay...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 5:28 PM, Daniel Joshua Worth
> <pipemanmu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Of course that worked. I would like to put a plug in for adding that the
>> tests need to begging with test in the docs. Would have saved me some
>> trouble. Thank you guys so much for your help.
>>
>> Daniel Worth
>>

> A cursory review of the file and I don't see any mention of it, so please
> file a ticket for this.  It's almost certainly in Python's unittest docs,
> but we want to make the barrier to entry as low as possible when writing
> tests.

No - please don't. The Django docs explicitly state that Django's test
framework is based on Python's unittest and doctest frameworks, and
provides links to the docs for those frameworks. It's not our place to
including "how to use unittest" or "how to use doctest" documentation,
as we would be reproducing the documentation provided by Python. If
you feel that Python's docs don't make the prefix behaviour
sufficiently explicit, then this needs to be taken up with the Python
documentation team, not us.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)