On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 1:15 AM, Timboy <corn13r...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I want my users to be able to be updated for changes to specific
> models objects.
>
> Let's say a user does a search of vehicle listings and the search
> returns 3 cars. I want them to be able to be alerted when any of those
> three car listings get updated. What's the best way to accomplish
> this?
>
> TIA

The first thing to figure out is will this feature be for any model or for a
specific one?  The next step is to set up a DB table, it's probably going to
just be a few columns, a foreign key to user(or maybe just an email field if
you want unauthenticated users to be able to sign up for updates), and a
foreign key to the model(or a generic foriegn key).  Then you'd write a
signal handler, probably a post_save one, that sends out an email to the
appropriate people if it determines that the object has been changed, and it
would just send emails to everyone who's email is in the table.

Alex

say it." --Voltaire
"The people's good is the highest law."--Cicero