I managed to successfully use the second app (appengine-patch). Thanks.

> but there has not been any visible activity
> on 1)app-engine Django since about August 08

Altho' there hasn't been a release, there has been continuous (weekly)
activity even in the earlier helper project.
http://code.google.com/p/google-app-engine-django/source/list

I am definitely looking forward to the day when django works on appengine
out of the box. Is that feasible? Can there be a generic mapper from ORM to
Bigtable?

The admin console of appengine is awesome. Are there any other webhosts that
provide a similar interface with all that detail?

--
Regards,
Lakshman