Hi,

On Apr 27, 5:12 pm, Lakshman Prasad <scorpion...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I managed to successfully use the second app (appengine-patch). Thanks.
>
> > but there has not been any visible activity
> > on 1)app-engine Django since about August 08
>
> Altho' there hasn't been a release, there has been continuous (weekly)
> activity even in the earlier helper
> project.http://code.google.com/p/google-app-engine-django/source/list

Just if you're still wondering which project to use:
app-engine-patch contains everything that app-engine-django has (it
was once based on app-engine-django) and a lot more. For example, app-
engine-patch supports the Django admin interface (the helper does
not). Also, you probably don't want to our media generator. Just take
a deeper look our website. It even contains a small comparison at the
bottom (yeah, I've quickly improved it a little bit :):
http://code.google.com/p/app-engine-patch/

> I am definitely looking forward to the day when django works on appengine
> out of the box. Is that feasible? Can there be a generic mapper from ORM to
> Bigtable?

This is planned for a future release of app-engine-patch (we'll
probably change the project name, though). I've started documenting a
high-level plan here:
http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/AppEngine
The first step will probably not be an official port, though. We might
begin by directly patching the Django source code instead of writing a
backend solution. After that step we might actually work on a clean
integration into the Django repo. Obviously, this will take a lot of
time, so I can't even tell when we'll begin. This also depends on the
number of volunteers that want to help us.

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald