2009/5/26 Sieker Adi Jörg <a...@sieker.info>

> In my humble opinion. As soon as you mention users, the admin is the
> wrong tool.
> contrib.admin is for admin's and not for users.
>
> Another take on it is:
> - Anyone that creates an account on your site, doesn't get to ses the
> admin
> - Anyone that you create an account for, might be a user to get to see
> the admin.

Hi Adi,

Thanks for your take on this, and for the demarcation criterion you've
provided. This is helpful for my understanding of perceptions of the admin's
purpose.

What are the reasons why you have chosen to draw the line where you have?

You see, given that so much great CRUD functionality comes for free with the
admin, it strikes me as not being very DRY to manually create a whole other
set of forms/views/etc for users unless you really need to provide the users
with a very different look and feel to that offered to the site's
administrators.

Does anyone else share my feelings?

Is there a third way? E.g. subclassing the admin's functionality for front
end users?

Thanks,

Sam