On Jun 3, 9:16 am, vishy <vishalsod...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am developing an application on windows. I decided to upload it on
> webfaction n see how deployment goes. The issues I faced was with
> paths given -
> for templates - I had given absolute path of directory on windows,
> for database(using sqlite) - just the name.But, for deployment I had
> to change both the paths. Is there any way which I can avoid this?
>
> thanks

Jarek has shown you one way to do it, by having separate local
settings files.

Another way is to set the template path dynamically in settings.py:

import os.path
OUR_ROOT = os.path.dirname(os.path.realpath(__file__))
TEMPLATE_DIRS = (
    os.path.realpath(os.path.join(OUR_ROOT, 'templates')),
)

I prefer this way as it means you don't depend on files that aren't in
version control - although you might still use the local settings
trick to override other settings, like database name/path.
--
DR.