Hi there,

> I found a similar template language called GHRML (http://
> www.ghrml.org) for django, but the documentation on it is very scarce.
> It's also very young (currently in v0.11), and I'm not sure if it's
> even being actively developed anymore. I'm trying to find out if it
> supports basic template stuff like "extends" and conditionals, so if
> anyone who's using it could point me to some good docs on it, assuming
> those exist, that'll be great. Thanks!

I can't blame you, Django's template language is not particularly elegant or
convenient to extend.

I'm not using it currently.  However, a cursory look at the source code
doesn't reveal anything like this handling of layouts. If you do want
something different than Django's template language, I'd suggest that you
get a look at Mako (which is a general-purpose Python template language).

You need to be aware, though, that if you choose a different template
language, this will mean that you will have to call a different
render_to_response/render_to_string. Which means, in particular, that if you
want to use a third-party application which has its own views, you'll probably
end up having to rewrite the views so that it can find your layout, for
instance. Same for apps with their own tag library (like django-compress).

Cheers,

Emm