neri...@gmail.com wrote:

> I tried adding more form fields to the
> registration form and the changes would never show with touch
> dispatch.fcgi,

Which fcgi implementation are you using? Assuming apache2 web server,
note that the common (since it's in debian and derivatives by default)
mod_fcgid may not actually discover things need reloading upon touch of
the .fcgi .  I think it does end server processes after ProcessLifeTime
[1] regardless, so the changeover may happen eventually (but that
defaults to an hour).

You can use consider using "pkill" to slay the '.*dispatch.fcgi'
processes...

Anyway, if you're on apache, switch to mod_wsgi if you can (yeah, I know
it's not in debian/oldstable (why we were using mod_fcgid), but, well,
OLDstable), it's generally easier to setup and manage than either of the
fastcgis, though does lack mod_fcgid's dynamic process spawning load
management strategy which you may or may not care for.

[1] http://fastcgi.coremail.cn/doc.htm