On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 15:55, The Danny Bos <danny...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just having trouble getting the Author loop from within my Review
> set.
> Here's what I have below, I figured this was pretty close but I'm
> wrong aren't I?

Does it give you any errors?

>        {% for review in reviews_full %}
>                {{ review.item.publisher.name }}<br/>
>
>                {% for author in review.item.author_set.all %}
>                        {{ author.name }},
>                {% endfor %}
>
>                {{ review.pream }}
>        {% endfor %}
>
> Any ideas would be great.
> Hope the above makes some sense ...

This looks good. You could use django-debug-toolbar [1] for example, to
check how many queries that generated.

[1] http://github.com/robhudson/django-debug-toolbar/tree/master

> On Jul 2, 10:22 pm, Alex Robbins <alexander.j.robb...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > You should take a look at select_related[1]. It will take the lot of
> > queries TiNo was talking about and flatten it down to one big one.

However, select_related only follows ForeignKeys, not the Authors ManyToMany
relationship.

TiNo