On Aug 12, 12:13 am, justin jools <justinjo...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Ive been the install instructions in
> :http://wiki.thinkhole.org/howto:django_on_windows%E2%80%8F
> (with mod_wsgi)
>
> install python 26, Apache 2.2, modwsgi ap2.2 py26
>
> and apache loads modwsgi fine.
>
> when I check localhost: apache says - It works!
> when I check 127.0.0.1:8000: Django says - It worked!
>
> but when i try to open the Django directory mysite: localhost/mysite i
> get :
>
> Forbidden
>
> You don't have permission to access /mysite on this server.
>
> I have re-installed and installed this many times but still the same
> thing. The tutorial says should get: It worked
>
> httpd.conf
> LoadModule wsgi_module modules/mod_wsgi.so
> WSGIScriptAlias / /usr/local/mysite/django.ws
>
> runs fine, as in:http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/IntegrationWithDjango
>
> could someone please help with this...

The instructions also say to have configuration:

<Directory /usr/local/django/mysite/apache>
Order deny,allow
Allow from all
</Directory>

as well as other configuration, that being the location where you put
the .wsgi fle. Why haven't you done similar thing for your setup?

You also need an Alias directive and access configuration to make
available the media files. Again, you appear not to have done that.
Please reread the instructions and if above isn't all your
configuration you duplicated from documented instructions, also show
the rest and detail where you installed things on the filesystem.

Graham