hi, i am new to django-universe. My goal is to make to make my first
django application!

I am trying to get  a grip on the authentication system. I 've
implemented login and logout operations. After a successful login i
want the user transferred to his profile page.

The profile page url looks like this: profiles/username.
In this page will see:
- a personal welcome message with his name
- his avatar, his friends avatars
- latest comments from friends and stuff like this.

I was wondering which is the suggested way to implement this page.

one way would be to have custom tags like:

get_latest_entries
get_friends

another way would be to have a custom view function pass all this
info... Is there any other way? which one would be the preferred?

thanks in advance for your time and comments!
nicolas