Thank you for your comments!

> First, there is no need to have the username in the URL if this page
> is visible only to the logged-in user. Instead, use the request.user
> object inside your view (and, if necessary, the template).

The idea is that the profile page(what i have in my mind at least) is
visible to all, but according to if you
are logged in , it is your profile-home page. Or your friend's and you
can leave comments,
for example...

> Second, to retrieve various info about the user there is no need for
> custom tags. Instead, use the ORM to retrieve the related objects
> directly.

nice idea, i will definitely try it! but then where do you use custom tags?

i am hoping for more comments,
nicolas