On Aug 18, 8:53 am, Thomas Guettler <h...@tbz-pariv.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is offtopic: How can you draw lines in a (django) web application?
>
> I think you need to use flash or java to do it. I googled for it, but found
> only beta
> quality projects.
>
> Has anyone experience with this?
>
>   Thomas
>
> --
> Thomas Guettler,http://www.thomas-guettler.de/
> E-Mail: guettli (*) thomas-guettler + de

Depends on what type of line.  It is technically possible to use SVG.
You can embed an SVG image in HTML and then draw lines (or circles
etc.) in it. The SVG is just XMl and Django's templating works fine
for that.  There are some technical catches about the type of the
document and namespaces but I can provide a worked example. The
drawback is that not all browsers support SVG well. This appears to
work well in recent versions of Firefox but not well in IE.

Ian McDowall